Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Random Thought From Mo Pie

I just finished watching the girls' show, and oh my god, I've never heard so much song torture in one episode before. So many of these girls were awful, awful, awful. "Landslide" and "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" were even worse than awful. And I hated what Didi did to that poor Ingrid Michaelson song even though she at least hit the notes. Blech. (I'm rooting for that hot dude with the guitar I saw in the semifinals. And the dude who did "Straight Up.")

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, and I felt the boys were no better (sadly). So far nobody is really jumping out at us yet this season. I was commenting to my husband this morning, though, that our expectations are different now than in earlier seasons of Idol...I know *I* expect a lot more from people than I used to! :)

I truly dislike Haeley (however she spells it) Vaughn (the girl who did I Wanna Hold Your Hand). It's probably just the fact that I'm hearing through cochlear implants, but her voice is so high and screechy to me that she actually makes the noise compression program kick in and it dampens down the sound in my CIs until she stops singing. Maybe that's a good thing?! haha

~ Wendi

6:39 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh yes, we call Haeley ("I Wanna Hold Your Hand:) the Cat Strangler.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Also, I think the contestants need to be told that anything before Top 5 is too early to break out Heart.

Janell.

I went to a Heart/Journey concert in August and, let me tell you, the sisters Wilson are still bone fide goddesses of rock.

I had to give my vidcam to my sister, because they started "Magic Man" and I went insane.

And Top 24? You are embarrassing yourself.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thank god you're back...

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew Garcia! WOOT WOOT!

Hoping he hits another peak again. He's been chasing it since the Paula song.

Shari

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home