Friday, March 18, 2011

Weetapidol Pool Results: Top 13 and Top 12!

So, here are the results for the first two weeks. The Ashthon ouster was successfully predicted by Mo and someone named "Savage tax books," as well as by the Weetapidol Hive Mind. (Hey, Savage, do you have an actual name?)

Martha also predicted it correctly, but may or may not have had advance knowledge of the elimination. If she did, I'm going to give her a deduction of four points, which is reflected below. (Martha, if you guessed Ashthon before you knew Ashthon was gone, let me know.)

Karen's elimination was predicted by Mo again (go me!) and Shari, as well as the Hive Mind. Shmuel is in last place,which made me want to include Anti-Shmuel, who has been in our pool in the past. (I just take Shmuel's picks and reverse them.) Anti-Shmuel is sucking worse than Real Shmuel, though. (She says, with affection.)

Overall standings are as follows!

24 points: Mo and Hive Mind
22 points: Wendi
21 points: Shari
20 points: Weet and Kelly S
18 points: Savage
16 points: Martha
15 points: Shmuel
11 points: Anti-Shmuel

The Hive Mind is predicting Haley to go next week. We'll see!

6 Comments:

Blogger Gracie Designs said...

I just want to tell someone, anyone that I think this year's song choices have been horrid.....HORRID, I tell you. Thanks for listening, and I look forward to more posts.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Shari H. said...

Can you explain the point system for the pool? Jeremy guessed correctly the first werk but was off the second week. I was wrong the first week but nailed it second week...but we don't have the same points. So how are they figured? Thanks!
Shari H.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Weetabix said...

Shari,

Great question! The difference is not in your right guesses but how off you were on the weeks when you didn't guess right. You said Ashthon was going to be in 10th place (lasting until next week), which earned you 9 points instead of the full 13 you got for correctly guessing Karen last week. Jeremy got his full 13 points for his correct guess of Ashthon in Week 1, but he put Karen going home in 6th place, which only gave him 6 points. The difference is that you were closer with your wrong guess than he was. Hopefully that makes sense but you're welcome to look at our magical scoring spreadsheet if you want to double check my math (god knows I've been wrong before).

8:30 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Hey there. I'm 'fessing up. I put in my pool choices after Ashton got booted. So, yes, I had advanced knowledge. Deduct away!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Shari H. said...

okay thanks for the explantion :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger S. said...

[Shmuel belatedly catches up and falls down laughing when he hits "Anti-Shmuel is sucking worse than Real Shmuel, though. (She says, with affection.)"]

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home