Friday, May 13, 2011

Weetapidol Pool Results: Top 5 and Top 4!

Another double update this week!

So, last week, Jacob went out in fifth place, and three people were right on with their predictions: front-runners Wendi and Me Pie, as as well as Weet. The biggest miss was Jeremy, who placed him 12th. Sorry, Jeremy!

As for James, the Hive Mind had him pegged at fourth (go Hive Mind) as did Kelly S. and Shmuel. Wendi had him as our winner, and Me Pie had him third, which means we have a new front runner! Me! Woo! (I have never won this pool, so am very excited about this development.) The other big shakeups were in the mid-card, with Jeremy falling behind Shmuel, and Weet surging ahead of Shari.

As for next week, the Hive Mind has Casey in third place (well, that ship sure has sailed). Shmuel is the only person who put Haley higher than seventh place, and most of us had her much lower still, so he stands to pick up quite a few points no matter where she ends up. (His guess was fifth.) However, he had Lauren at 13th, so this moment of triumph may be short-lived. The rest of us have Lauren kind of all over the map. It's still anyone's game!

101 points: Mo Pie
100 points: Wendi
99 points: Weetapidol Hive Mind
95 points: Weet
93 points: Shari
92 points: Kelly S.
91 points: Shmuel
87 points: Jeremy
71 points: Martha
69 points: Anti-Shmuel

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Oh, I am SEETHING that James was sent home. Argh!! Haley should have gone long, long ago. (I feel a little bad saying that, since she's our hometown girl -- Wheeling is fairly close to us -- but there were so many people who were far better than her.)

My theory is that the judges were soooo harsh on her that people felt sorry for her and voted extra. They figured James was safe because he got such praise, and didn't bother to vote for him.

I wish the judges would have just been like, "Yea, that was okay" for Haley's feedback...nothing good, nothing bad. Maybe it wouldn't have made people feel like they had to stick up for her.

I fully expect Scotty to win, but then again, I fully expected James to be in the top 3 so what do I know?! ha

~ Wendi

9:04 AM  
Blogger mo pie said...

I think Scotty's going to run away with it. He's the Taylor Hicks of this season.

Then again, I also find everyone boring!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

I am totally bummed that James got voted out. I think he should have won. I'm not as invested in Idol this year as I have been in years past. It's losing its luster for me.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home